Friday, February 22, 2013

0.6 Happily Ever After

Aaand we're back for what might be the final chapter of our founding generation, depending on who gets voted in as the next heir--which will be coming up right after this chapter! But until then, let's get on with THIS installment, shall we?

First up, Ella would just like everyone to know that she's been promoted to pastry chef. Also, the front door would like everyone to know that I was fail and didn't notice that it was scorched from the meteor fire and still needed to be replaced until I took this shot. 

One good thing from the meteor that I forgot to mention last chapter, all the rocks sold for around 4k simoleons, so there was SOME silver lining to the whole near-fatal fiasco. 



While mom was at work and her older brothers were still at school at their afterschool activities, it was time for Aurora to have her teen birthday. She didn't mind the small turnout, though. So long as you have Walt Disney in your cheering section, you need nothing else.



And besides, her brothers came home just in time to witness her beauteous transformation.

ARCHIMEDES - Wow, lookin good, sis!

AURORA - I know. :-)

She gained many things with her birthday, humility was not among them. She did however gain the incredibly fitting Proper trait.



One of the first things Aurora did with her teenhood was test out the kitchen.



And SHE decided to lick the mixing spoon, just like her father all those sim-years ago. My heart, it sang with pride.



AURORA - I believe this occasion calls for some formality, dear brother. What do you say? A princess should always look their best, after all.

ALADDIN - Sure, except for that tiny fact that you aren't a princess and all. Now hush, I have a trig exam tomorrow.



AURORA - I'm not a princess?!?! He was just kidding around, right?! He didn't really mean that, right?! Daddy SAID I was a princess! Daddy wouldn't lie to me, would he? WOULD HE?!

I think poor Aurora is having an existential crisis.



Meanwhile Ella was having a crisis of a different sort. Her chili wasn't loving her back.



She was long out of her Mid-Life Crisis, but I decided to go ahead and give her the car she'd wanted anyway now that we had the funds. Plus, added bonus, this smart car lowers the household bills. I didn't know that was a thing.


Here Walt is busily typing up Eunice Pertridge's biography, 'Wicked Stepsister.' He's already finished Liam O'Dourke's, entitled 'You've Just Been Liam'd.' Both were best sellers.


After making some bank, he's off to help his youngest with her homework. Why they decided to sit in the kitchen right up against the countertops, I'll never know.


Archimedes has been banned from the chem table AND the telescope now, since I can't trust him not to try and kill himself and/or the entire family. He's been relegated to learning his logic skill from books from now on.


ARCHIMEDES - I think someone broke the television.

AURORA - Oh no! They know it was me! I'm doomed! DOOMED!

ALADDIN - C'mon bus, hurry up and get here. If I have to stand here and listen to this much longer I'm liable to do something drastic.


It finally happened. Ella finally rolled the wish to hire herself a maid, so we did. Introducing Beret Maid!

ELLA - Ah, this is the life! Now someone else can clean up this pig-stye while I enjoy some Cookin' Cable.

BERET MAID - . . . the only thing wrong is one bed is unmade.

Yeah, she already cleaned everything else last night before bed. She has to make baby steps, Beret Maid, baby steps.


Oh for the love of--! This is the third time this sim-week that this computer has broken!

WALT - Maybe this should tell you that I write too much--.

Nonsense!


It tells me that you're long over-due for a quality replacement! Now you can get right back to work!

WALT - *quiet sobbing*


Actually it was Ella's day off and they were both hungry. Since she had an opportunity to go eat at the 'competition,' I thought they'd make a cute day-date of it.


Off to the Flying V Coffeehouse!

WALT - Hey! Word to the wise, people! Do NOT eat here! The food is horrific! Go eat at the Bistro where my lovely wife works!

ELLA - Sweetie, I appreciate what you're trying to do but maybe we should go in and eat first before you make all of the employees angry?


That afternoon after school, teenaged Aurora had a date with 'destiny.'


EDWARD - Wow, hey Aurora! You grew up! . . . A lot. . . . Omp, dat ass.

ALADDIN - Did he just come on to our baby sister, right in front of us? 

ARCHIMEDES - Yep.

ALADDIN - I think we could get away with killing him, if we paid off the right people.

ARCHIMEDES - I know where to hide the body.


AURORA - Thanks for coming over Edward. By the way . . . why are you so freakishly tall? Did you have your Young Adult birthday already?!

EDWARD - No, I'm still in high school. I was worried that I would grow up to be too short of a king, like Napoleon, so I took some growth hormone when I was still a kid. It's having some . . . unexpected side effects.

Seriously, I have no idea why he's so much taller than her. He's still a teenager.


Aurora would not be deterred, and set about wooing her intended Prince Charming.

EDWARD - Ooo, roses! How thoughtful!


AURORA - I think it's high time you stop fooling around with that townie and dump her. You know full well that she's not Queen material, and you have to think about the future of your reign.

EDWARD - You're absolutely right, Aurora, as always. It's now officially over between us, but I don't think Emily will be terribly pleased with you.

AURORA - Yeah . . . this is me, not giving a crap.


And this is you, utterly failing at a First Kiss. Oh well, at least he accepted the social. Aurora is one step closer to achieving her dreams of royalty.


WALT - Eeeeelllllaaaaaaaa . . . . 

ELLA - *sigh* Oh come on, then. Hop in here.

Yeah, they still do this. A lot.


We finally got a notification of another prom for Archimedes and Aurora. After school I was just about to have Archie call Margaret and invite her over when she beat him to it. 

MARGARET - Hey Archie, you want to go on a date with me to the park?

ARCHIMEDES - Really? I'd love to! Meet you there!

Bonus!


While Archimedes headed off to the park, Aurora called Edward over to the house once again. She asked him to the prom and he accepted, under the conditions that she not do anything to embarrass him--which I thought was laughingly perfect.


AURORA - So Edward, now that we kissed and you're going with me to prom, I think it's high time you stop fighting the inevitable and agree to be my boyfriend--with the clear understanding that as soon as we become young adults you're going to marry me and make me a princess for real and we'll live happily ever after.

EDWARD - I don't know, Aurora . . .

AURORA - Face it, Edward. You know that no other girl in Hidden Springs will benefit your political career like I will.

EDWARD - . . . you DO have a particularly cut-throat, single-minded determination . . . oh what the hell, you're hot. So sure.


With that settled, it was off to the park to see how Archie's date was going.

RANDOM GUY - Oh, my love! Why did you have to leave me so soon! Bawwwwwww!

ARCHIMEDES - . . . and so, I found out that mixing those particular chemicals was NOT a good idea. Mainly because it blew up in my face. I've burnt off my eyebrows so many times, frankly I'm stunned that they still grow back.


Luckily for Archimedes, Margaret was still a fan of the freckled nerdy-genius vibe. She happily and excitedly accepted his request to go to prom.


ARCHIMEDES - So, I spotted a meteor last week that nearly destroyed the house. If you want, I can show you where in the sky it fell from.

MARGARET - Oh my gosh, sure! That sounds so scary!

ARCHIMEDES - Meh, it wasn't so bad. Except for the part where dad kept standing in the fire and almost died. But other than that.


Smooth operator that he is, as soon as they sat down Archimedes went for it.


With success. Archie and Maggie hung out in the park together for most of the evening, until curfew forced them both back home.


Again we haven't gotten to see a whole lot of Aladdin this chapter, for much the same reason. He's still busily painting away, giving me some keepers for the house decoration as well as he works toward portraits.


Aurora got a wish to write a love letter to Edward.

AURORA - Dear Edward, I can already see our royal coronation! There will be music, and flowers, and cheering from the beloved masses . . . .

Well, we all need our dreams, right?


Ella made some pumpkin pie! Walt? Could you maybe . . . show a little more enthusiasm?

WALT - I have so much enthusiasm for this pie that my face couldn't handle it all, and went zombie.


Someone sent us this little evil bugger in the mail! I'm gonna say it was Eunice, because it amuses me to think so. I named him Jafar, for OBVIOUS reasons. Biggest of which is that they share the same awesome evil-guy pencil mustache.


Ella's off to work, having reached the Sous Chef position!


Unfortunately, as soon as the Bistro closed Lonnie Pertridge--her step mother and boss--passed away.


ELLA - Oh no! Step-mother! We'd grown so close because I was forced to suck up to you for promotions!

SIMBOT-IN-DISGUISE - This does not compute.


Oh well, pesky mourning moodlets are what the Moodlet Manager is for! This would be a great opportunity to inform you that Ella has also earned over 100,000 Lifetime Happiness points, so another point for the roster!


Speaking of points! Aladdin has done me proud by completing a fairly decent portrait of our founder! A little blurry, but not terrible.


This pleases Jafar.


Aladdin gets started on his mother's portrait right away, while his father's portrait looks on approvingly. Of course Walt's portrait gets hung above the computer.


And once Ella's AWESOME portrait is finished, it gets hung up in the kitchen so she can watch over all future culinary endeavors.


ALADDIN - What do you mean, you don't want to hear my gossip?!

AURORA - Please, brother. Spreading gossip is so gauche. 

ALADDIN - I think you're letting this 'marrying a prince' thing go to your head, Aurora. You also don't need to wear your prom dress around the house 24/7. It makes you look silly.

AURORA - You take that back!


What? What is this poor infant doing laying abandoned in the grass?!


MOTHER - Sorry, I need to get my swim on.

O_o

I decided to take the Disneys out to an evening family outing to the public pool, where we spotted this nominee for the Mother of the Year award. Stay classy, lady.


Ella was the first to arrive--coming from work instead of the house--and was the first to test out the new diving board.


Archimedes was next, showing everybody how it's done.


Walt decided to give Ella a romantic massage. Don't know why she changed into her pajamas, but okay.


Princess-in-the-making couldn't be bothered with the pool, getting herself some hydrotherapy at the sauna instead. Since I didn't get an Ariel to put them on, Aurora gets to model the sea-shell bathing suit top instead. :P


The boys decided to have themselves a breath-holding contest.


And it looks like Aladdin is the victor! Sorry Archie, better luck next time.


The eldest Disney celebrated his victory by doing a cannonball off the diving board. I mean, that's how I would celebrate. I dunno about you guys.


Now inexplicably in her everyday wear (a rare occurrence in and of itself), Aurora finished out the evening on one of the loungers.

AURORA - Lawl, that old guy just belly-flopped.

True story.


WALT - Well sweetie, this is it. Potentially the end of our reign as the founding couple of this legacy. I hope I did a good job laying the foundations for this family to continue to live on, succeed and flourish for the next twenty-six generations.

ELLA - You did great, sweetheart.

WALT - And the kids! I hope we did a good enough job raising them. That whoever is chosen as heir is able to continue the family line and make a good, successful life for themselves.

ELLA - Everything is going to be FINE, Walt. Now stop worrying, you're ruining my sauna steam-buzz.


Well folks, this is it! Time to decide who will continue on the Disney legacy! Stay tuned for the heir poll, and happy simming!
_____________________


Generations - 1

LTWs Complete - 1


Portraits - 2


100,000 Simoleons - 0
 

100,000 Aspiration Points - 2

Skill Challenges Complete - 0


TOTAL - 6


PREVIOUS                                                                   NEXT

2 comments:

  1. Eee!! I love it :) Though I'm gonna admit I'm kind of sad to see Walt's foundership go :( Oh well, it's the circle of life. (See what I did there?!)


    Baha. Anywho, I voted...surprisingly, I voted for Archie just cause I thing Margaret is SUPER cute and they would made adorable little red-haired babies :) But I'm fine with any of them, to be honest. It shall be exciting either way :) Great update!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it moooooves us aallllll! Indeed, lolol. Archie and Maggie will make some SUPER cute babies, I'm quite sure. And they're special in that they're probably the most in love out of the three couples, so they'd definitely fit the Disney Happily Ever After theme. :P Thankies for voting!

      Delete