Thursday, February 14, 2013

0.2 Homemaker Princess

Welcome back everybody to this, the second installment of Wishing Upon a Star!

Our founding spouse is settling into married life quite nicely, taking over many of the household chores while Walt continues to write his novels.



ELLA - I thought he married me to get me OUT of the house-slave lifestyle. How is this different from what I was living with before?

Um . . . well . . . the awesome woo-hoo?

ELLA - . . . you have a valid point.

Don't let her sour face fool you. She rolls wishes to clean stuff CONSTANTLY. I <3 Neat sims.



I'm not sure what patch or MOD did it, but suddenly my wedding gifts are working again! Huzzah! We received presents from Liam O'Dourke as well as one of Ella's step-sisters, Astrid. Both were promptly sold for cash. Ella took time out to write them thank-you notes though.



I end up taking way more pictures of Ella than I do Walt, but this is the reason. All he does, for the most part, is sit in front of the computer and write. Not very exciting stuff. Still, he does exist! Picture proof!



Now back to the other sim in the house. Ella has officially popped with her first pregnancy! Generation A is in the proverbial oven!



Walt still makes sure to take time to love-up on the wife, though. Especially when his fun motive has tanked from all those hours slaving away on the computer. Shower woo-hoo is his favorite method of fixing that problem. 

Ella doesn't mind. 

At all. 

;-)



When she's not doing that or watching the cooking cable, I've got her reading what recipe books we can afford. Not only for the variety, but also for one of the cooking skill challenges. Menu Maven I think it's called.



It was Summer Festival time in Hidden Springs, and since they'd both been cooped up in the house for a few days I decided to take mercy on them and let them out for some fresh air for a while. Now that Ella was showing, Walt had become enamored with her pregger-belly.



ELLA - He really needs to hurry this social que up. I'm starving and there's a pulled pork sandwich over there calling my name . . . .



Walt's daddy-hormones would not be denied. 

WALT - Hi baby! Hi! It's your daddy here! I can't wait to meet you!



WALT - I think I just heard the baby!

ELLA - No you didn't, sweetie. That was my stomach, because I'm starving. You need to move now. Seriously, don't get in between a pregnant woman and her pulled pork.



Walt wisely backed off and cleared the way, allowing Ella to enjoy her coveted sandwich.



He went and got his face painted instead. And lookit! If you look real close you can almost see his freckles in this shot! :D



While they were entertaining themselves, a mysterious pair of haunted skates made their way around the rink . . . I deemed that to be a sign that it was time to return home.



WALT - I love my wife . . . I wonder where she is, though. I thought she said she was coming to bed?

Well, she's a little busy . . .



You know, getting abducted by aliens and all. -_-

Seriously, what is up with the aliens in my game kidnapping my heavily pregnant female sims?!



Poor Ella. She was taken on a trip, and I'm almost sure she didn't enjoy it.



I swear I'm not punishing her with more housework. She seriously rolled the wish to buy a washer and dryer, TWICE. I deleted the first round, then finally gave in to the second. Who am I to deny a Neat sim their neurotic cleaning desires?



WALT - OH MY SWEET MERCIFUL PLUMBOBS!!!!1! The computer is broken!! My life is OVERRRRRR!

Walt, stop screaming. Breathe. Stay Calm and Call a Repair Technician.



Meanwhile poor Ella was getting rudely awakened from that extra sleep she was trying to get due to that abduction fiasco. Looks like it's time for the first baby to arrive!



ELLA - This hurts so bad I've gone CROSSEYED!!! Where's my husband?

Oh, you know . . . .



Out in the living room. Oblivious. Reading a book, ironically the pregnancy one. Put down that book and go into the bedroom, Walt, and you can see it in 3-D.



Luckily Walt eventually became aware of his wife's labor and accompanied her to the hospital. Since they don't own a car, they took a cab.

CABBIE - If you get any birth fluids in my car, I'm charging you extra.

ELLA - I will snatch that fake blond weave right off your head, beyotch.



ELLA - Hurry it up Walt, or the stork is likely to drop this bundle of joy right on the sidewalk!



LAILA - I do believe that woman is about to give birth!

LOLWUT.

This is actually the woman that Liam O'Dourke ended up marrying, Laila Al Fahad. They had one baby together before she turned elder. So the O'Dourke line will live on!



All in due time, our founding couple finally emerged with the first baby of the A generation! Everyone say hello to Aladdin Disney!

Aladdin is Perceptive and Loves the Cold. He also loves R&B music, Dim Sum and the color Pink.



In case it wasn't obvious, Aladdin is named after this guy here, the main character of the same-named animated feature.



Back home, Walt was falling in love with being a daddy.



Ella was also taking motherhood in stride . . . with . . . creepy-eyed stares. Blink, Ella. In the name of all that is holy, please BLINK.



Once Aladdin was settled, Walt didn't waste time in wooing Ella back into the bedroom to start work on baby #2.



We need a minimum of three childrenz, and there's no time like the present to make that happen. At least that's my motto. :P



Just to prove that he wasn't cut of the same cloth as Ella's horrible step-family, Walt helps out with the dishes and other chores every now and then. Autonomously, too. He's such a sweet hubby.



Especially because Ella is being struck with the early warning signs of impending pregnancy.



ELLA - BLAAAAAAAARGH!

Holy CRAP! I have NEVER had a sim hork up in the house! It's either the toilet, or they'll run OUTSIDE! Ella! You're supposed to be a neat sim, why the heck didn't you use the bathroom?! The toilet's not broken!



ELLA
- Are you kidding me? Just look how filthy it is, I could never use it in this condition! *scrub-scrub*


Soooo . . . the toilet was too dirty to THROW UP in? The floor was a better option in this scenario? O_o



Ella moved on from that unpleasant experience and made herself feel better by cooking up a batch of grilled cheese sandwiches.



And then Kickin' it Up an Notch.

ELLA - These sandwiches . . . are perfection! BAM!

Emeril you ain't, lol.



Our Disney legacy suffers its first broken toilet. Walt got unchained from the computer in order to unclog it. Ella will happily cook, clean, do laundry and take care of the babies, but she's drawing the line at plumbing repair.



Especially since baby #2 is officially on the way!



The next morning it was also time for Aladdin to leave worm-hood behind and become a toddler. Ella is on cake duty while a very excited Walt celebrates in the background.



Toddler Aladdin! I couldn't help it with his outfit. I'M WEAK!

He lucked out with getting his father's appropriate hair-color, and a slightly lighter version of his mother's darker brown eyes.



Unfortunately Aladdin was a little cranky upon first aging up.



It was nothing that a rousing game of Attack of the Claw couldn't clear up, of course.



Baby love! Walt enjoys the sounds of his sons giggles almost as much as he enjoys that slice of birthday cake he's chowing down on.

Almost.



Aladdin at bedtime. His pajama shirt has a monkey on it because of REASONS.



The next day I sent Ella out to pick some wildflowers for extra cash. I had her grab a couple during the festival for funsies while Walt was in the face-painting booth, not really thinking much about it. Until a few days later I checked her inventory and one of the types was worth 600 and another was worth 1000 simoleons A PIECE. 

A few hours netted the household 3k, which more than paid for the 200 simoleon Allergy Shot she had to get afterward. XD



Since Ella was otherwise occupied, Walt took over baby training for the time being. Aladdin is hard at work learning how to walk.



As well as use that funny contraption called the potty. As you can see, it is srs business.



He hasn't quite grasped the purpose of the xylophone yet.



He has a lot of fun with his Imaginary Friend, however. He has been appropriately named Abu. If you don't know why, you had no childhood and I pity you.





It amuses me very much that when these two cuddle, Walt is the little spoon. :P




They also manage to get in some couples time that doesn't involve shower woo-hoo for once, while Ella watches her cooking shows and Walt plays a social online game.



That night--on a full moon no less, how fitting!--Ella decides to go into labor with baby number two. Since we can't really afford a babysitter and I don't want to mess with one anyway, it's going to be a home birth.

Poor Aladdin. His innocence? Gone forever.



Through much grunting, screaming and pushing Ella eventually brought our second baby into the world! Everyone one meet Archimedes Disney! Of course it's another boy, since I have a whole LIST of female A-names . . . *grumble*

Still, no matter! Archie here is a Genius who Loves the Heat (shame his desert-dwelling brother didn't get that trait instead). Archimedes loves Chinese music, Sushi and the color Green.



Archimedes is named for one of my ALL TIME favorite Disney characters, this awesome guy from Sword in the Stone.

Archimedes was an Owl Meme before they were cool. Fo' Sho'.



Since Ella was tuckered out from all-day-toddler training and the whole giving birth thing, Walt graciously took first shift with Archie while mama caught up on some much needed sleep.



After she'd had a chance to recover, though . . . .

WALT - . . . dat ass. 

ELLA - Seriously? SERIOUSLY. I literally JUST gave birth last night, and you want me to get knocked up again already?!

Well do you, or don't you, want to go back to work before you hit elderhood?

ELLA - . . . point taken.



And so, more shower woo-hoo was had, this time ending in a flourishing baby-jingle finale.



Then it was back into the nursery for some tag-team parenting. Walt looks after Archimedes while Ella gets Aladdin started on his talking.

ELLA - And so you see, Aladdin. When you wish upon a star your dreeeeeams cooooooome truuuuuue!



Walt was going stir crazy from doing nothing but writing and baby care. I didn't feel like sending him anywhere in particular, so instead he took a trip across the street and stood in the rain for an hour until the moodlet went away.

WALT - If it keeps raining like this we'll eventually have to start swimming.

Seriously, it rained for nearly three straight sim days. O_o I was starting to wonder if my weather was borked.



Aladdin has officially learned all of his basic toddler skills. Thanks to our wildflower slush-fund we were able to pick up the toddler skill books, so he's working on that now with his free time.



Ella got sent to the grocery store for some watermelon. I want at least ONE girl, darnit.



Unfortunately it . . . didn't exactly sit well. Oh, poor Ella. For a Neat sim she really doesn't have a great track-record with her vomiting.



TOWNIE - Ew, gross! Did you just VOMIT on the ground right in front of me?! What kind of mannerless pig are you?!

ELLA - . . . A pregnant one. And I'm supposed to eat this watermelon but you should know that I have NO problems with shoving it in your face instead.



Pregnancy hormones are a mother, are they not? Ella officially popped the following morning with the third and last baby of this generation.



That's it for this chapter! Join us next time to see how the boys continue to grow, and see if I finally get the girl I want. Until then, happy simming!
_______________________


Generations - 0

LTWs Complete - 0


Portraits - 0


100,000 Simoleons - 0
 

100,000 Aspiration Points - 0

Skill Challenges Complete - 0



PREVIOUS                                                                   NEXT

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gah.


    This has made my life.

    In the name of all that is good, I demand you no-life this story and update it hourly.

    Ok, not really. Seriously, I was joking. Please go on having a life.

    But OMGEEEEZERS!!!@!!@!@@ I am in love with this. I just went to the variety show our high school kids do every year last weekend, and it was totes Disney themed this year. Disney is my life. Alice is my faaaavorite :) (It was my daddy's, too. This might sound silly, but I've contemplated naming a daughter Alice in memory of him shoukd the opportunity present itself.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I would no-life this if I could. XD I am a MAJOR Disney fanatic myself. Own all the animated Masterpieces, went to Disney World for my honeymoon, loved it. That's so adorable with the idea of using the name of Alice. It's a pretty name, I encourage it. :P

      I've had the idea of this legacy in my head for a while now and kept putting it off because I already have 3 legacies going, but I finally couldn't resist any longer. I'm glad it's being so well received! Thankies for reading and commenting Ashley! :D

      Delete
  2. This is so awesome and major funny! Can't wait to read more. (HarliquinMoon from Sims3 Forum).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I'm glad you enjoyed! Thanks for reading and even more for commenting and telling me so. :D

      Delete