Thursday, February 14, 2013

0.1 Once Upon A Time...

... A Legacy was born!

Welcome all to the start of the Wish Upon a Star Alphabetacy. If you want the lo-down on that particular type of challenge as well as the particulars that I'll be employing, check out the About section. Otherwise, let's get this show on the road!

Allow me to introduce you to our adorable founder, Mr. Walt Disney! Walt here is a Childish, Good, Hopeless Romantic, Excitable Bookworm. His favorite color is Purple, his favorite music is Kids and his favorite food is Mac & Cheese. His Lifetime Wish is to become a Professional Author.

Say hi Walt!

WALT - . . . hi.

Well, don't knock them down with your charm and wit or anything . . . -_-


Walt Disney begins our alphabetacy journey on an empty 40x40 lot in the beautiful Hidden Springs neighborhood. What better place for the Disneys to live than in a fairytale resort town?



Since Seasons makes actual lawn-living a little more tricky, I kept his extra starting funds and built him a 'house.' If not he'd be soaked and/or sunburnt all the time, and legacy-founderhood is trying enough.



Still, it might have walls and a roof, but the house is still pretty modest. I splurged on the bed, and a decent computer for his livelihood. Otherwise everything else is the cheapest of the cheap, and the wall and floor coverings are the freebies.



Walt's first order of business is to go out and meet someone. Someone very particular. He ran up to the house and paused a moment to consider the unrendered doors and windows.

WALT - It's just so . . . grey.

For some reason the house was taking FOREVER to render, I got tired of waiting. >_< And Walt's destiny is awaiting him!



This is . . . not it. SO not it. *shudder-shudder* Lonnie Pertridge just happens to live in this house, however, and was the first one Walt found to ask to go inside.



WALT - Hey, I just moved in down the street. Would it be okay if I went inside and hung out for a while?

LONNIE - Why of course! There's no such thing as serial ax murderers in the Sims, make yourself at home!

Success!



Upstairs, sitting in front of the TV watching the cooking channel, Walt came face to face with his destiny; Ella Carlisle.

A sim based off of Disney's Cinderella . . . how can she NOT be our founding spouse?! It's MEANT TO BEEEEEEE.



Walt introduced himself, then immediately rolled the wish to ask Ella's sign. I took this as a good sign. Unfortunately she's a Saggitarius, which wasn't compatible with his Capricorn. Still, they're a 10/10 in the attraction scale so full steam ahead!

Woo her Walt! WOOOOO HHEEEERRRRR!



WALT - So I just moved in down the street. I'm so glad I completely randomly chose this house to visit and completely passed up the rest of your family to talk to you specifically, Ella.

ELLA - Um, me too?



Walt continued the friendly getting-to-know you spam on into the afternoon. Ignoring all else. Including the other members of the household.

EUNICE - Yo, Spike-head. Your daddy wasn't a glass blower. GTFO, you're blocking the TV.

ELLA - OMP, don't be so rude Eunice! There are three other TVs in this house, we were here first!

WALT - I can see and hear nothing but the copious amounts of beauty before me.

EUNICE - Wow Ella, I never knew you went for the stalker-type. Kinky.



Walt and Ella continued to ignore all else but each other, even when her stepmother joined her stepsister.

WALT - Your house is so nice.

ELLA - Yeah, it's okay. It's a real pain to clean though, which is my responsibility. As well as the cooking. And the laundry. And the repairing. I'm pretty much an indentured servant.

LONNIE - One more word and I'm locking you in the closet again.



Walt felt that the only way to lighten the mood after that was a rousing round of silly faces. Ella was happy to join in.



WALT - You shouldn't be living here in these conditions, Ella. You're meant for so much more than this. You're like a real life princess and you deserve a prince charming to take you away to your own castle to live happily ever after!

LONNIE - Is this idiot for real?

EUNICE - Sadly, yes. 

ELLA - That's so sweet, Walt.



Aaaah! Danger! Danger!

This guy here was the reason I put Walt on the fast-track of romance with Ella. I didn't trust Story Progression not to hook Ella up with her BFF, Liam O'Dourke. And sure enough, here comes the redheaded wonder to invite himself to the Pertridge household to try and butt his four-eyed head into my plans!

Luckily for me, after Astrid let him in the house all he did was go swimming in the pool.



Inside Walt was rounding out his visit with a good game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. In the middle of it he totally RAWR-scared Ella! I've never seen that happen before! At first I was ticked off, thinking he'd soured the game.



But apparently Ella's a big girl and gives back as well as she gets. They finished the game, she beat his pants off (not literally, unfortunately) and then it was time for him to say good-bye. Decaying needs were making themselves obnoxiously known.



So it was back to the home-box, to make himself some dinner.



Dinner time + no cooking skill = Autumn Salad. He totally licked the mixing spoon when he was stirring the bowl, but I missed getting a pic of it. Yet again something I've never seen a sim do before. So far you're just a pile of bonus surprises, Walt!

It's just too bad we can't see your adorable face freckles in the screenshots. :( He has lots of freckles, but for some reason you can't really see them out of game. *sad face*



Since it's impossible to mess up Autumn Salad, Walt was able to enjoy a decent Normal quality meal.



Then he read the newspaper, for lack of anything better to do. Aaaah, the thrilling, non-stop action lives of a legacy founder.



And then, at last it was bedtime. As Walt crawled into the sheets, I got a Story Progression pop-up informing me that Ella Carlisle and Bruce Chesterfield had decided to take things to the next step and start Going Steady.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!



That night my game continues to mock me viciously by having this alien visit. Completely out of the blue, unprovoked. And she stuck around for almost three hours contemplating the mysteries of the trash can.

The bastards show up in every save file I don't NEED them, and refuse to show up in the file I WANT them. *shakes fist at the sim heavens*



The next morning Walt starts his day by using his expensive WORK COMPUTER to play Madden.



Then it was time for breakfast and it becomes apparent that cooking is NOT one of Walt's strong suits.



After eating his burnt briskets waffles, Walt needed to take care of one of those unfortunate necessities--bills. Luckily his 40x40 lot and crappy box-house don't cost very much.



The next order of the day was heading out to the Journalism building to pay for a class in the writing skill. He had wishes, and just enough money to pay for it. Afterward we have exactly 24 simoleons to our name.



After that, I sent Walt off to City Hall to sign up as a self-employed Writer. Extra money bonuses with each promotion are nothing to scoff at. Plus, he had a wish. And I aim to please my simmies.



Once that was done, it was back to our primary mission--securing our destined spouse! I used Map Tags to stalk Ella and found her waiting for 'someone' outside the Bistro in her formal wear.



WALT - Ella! I heard the funniest story! Someone said you'd started dating Bruce Chesterfield last night! Isn't that crazy-talk!

ELLA - Ah . . ehehehe . . . um, yeah . . . crazy.



WALT - But Ella! Why would you do that?! I thought we had something special between us! 

ELLA - What do you mean, Walt? We just talked all afternoon and played Rock, Paper, Scissors.

WALT - Th-that's how my people show our affection!

ELLA - 'Your people?' Well my people show affection by flirting.



WALT - Well how's this?

ELLA - . . . Getting warmer.



WALT - *goes for broke*

ELLA - *receptive*



WALT - Ella, we're meant to be! I'M your prince charming, not that nearly-elder widower with two children. Break up with him and be my girl instead!

NICHOLAS - Oh, hey Ella . . . I see you're otherwise occupied. I guess our lunch will have to wait? Ella?



Ella completely ignored Nicholas Riverhawk and happily accepted Walt's request to go steady.



On a roll, I thought I'd have Walt try for the marriage proposal but Ella suddenly cancelled out my action que. What gives, Ella?! Are you LEAVING US to go hook up with Nicholas after all?



ELLA - Chill out, Overly-Attached Simmer. It's work time.

Oh. Well then. Carry on. Apparently Ella also works in the Bistro. Interesting.



With his princess otherwise occupied, Walt got sent back home to put his new writing skill to use and start his first book. A Fiction novel entitled "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs." Because I R Originalz.

I've decided that all of his books will be named for Disney animated films. :P



The next morning, Walt fails at breakfast yet again. We are in desperate need of Ella to join the household. He finishes his chunks of tears and despair pancakes, then calls her up and invites her over to the house.



WALT - Ella said she'd be right over! I AM EXCITE!!!1!11!

Well don't get too thrilled. Remember we called her over last night after work and she said the same thing, but never showed up . . .



Luckily Ella didn't stand Walt up a second time, though, and they reconnected on the front porch. Because we're all kinds of classy in this legacy. CLASSY.







WALT - You're so beautiful, Ella. I can't believe you agreed to be with me. I'm just a lowly legacy founder, after all.



ELLA - Well you always say such sweet and adorable things, Walt. Plus you're not bad on the eyes, either. And you don't treat me like a slave and/or ready-made mom for your two sons.



WALT - I have something I need to ask you, Ella.

ELLA - What's that, Walt?



WALT - Be my princess forever and marry me.

ELLA - WAT.



The happy-jig dance means Ella was happy to accept Walt's sudden and speedy marriage proposal. WOOT!



ELLA - It's so shiney!

WALT - Yeah, that's the aluminum foil. I found it in a Cracker-Jack box. Tru Love, Y/Y?



They make a very cute couple, I think. And hopefully they make me some cute babies!



With that in mind, we waste no time getting the wedding ceremony out of the way. Still on the front porch. Like I said, CLASSY.







Then it was off to the bedroom to seal those vows up nice and official-like.



First woohoo and baby lullabies were had! We're wasting no time at all in this legacy.







Ella brought 6k much-needed simoleons into the household, so the domicile itself got a bit of a renovation. Mostly adding real floor and wall patterns, adding a TV and couch to the living room so Ella can watch her cooking shows, and a new room to serve as the nursery. I also upgraded the shower to hopefully avoid those crappy shower moodlets.



Then Ella Disney got her official legacy makeover! Her traits and personality lent itself well to a housewife, so that's the look that she got. Her traits are Neat, Great Sense of Humor, Brave, Virtuoso and Natural Cook. Her favorite color is Red, favorite music is Electronica and favorite food is Grilled Salmon. Her LTW is to be a 5-Star Chef, hence her job at the Bistro. 

She'll be able to get back to that . . . eventually. Her immediate future is going to be filled with lots and lots of maternity leave, however.

Despite having a job at the Bistro and the Natural Cook trait, Ella didn't actually have any skill in Cooking yet. Since she rolled a wish to take a class and we still had some of her money left, I sent her off to do that while Walt got back to work on his novel.



When she came home Ella parked herself in front of the TV to continue watching her favorite cooking shows.



The same pattern continued the next day, since she had the day off from getting married. That night--during the full moon--Ella decided to make her new husband his favorite food for dinner.



Walt was pleased.

WALT - Yay! It's my favorite, mac & cheese! And even better, it's not burnt and charred!

ELLA - . . . Walt sweetie, just what were you eating before I moved in?

It's probably best you don't ask that, Ella . . .



That night, however, Ella was rudely awakened from sleep by a 'mysterious' case of nausea.


Toilet-bowl worship confirms the impending arrival of our first generation!


That's it for this first installment! Thanks for reading, join us next time to see how the Disneys continue surviving in Hidden Springs. Until then, happy simming!

______________________


Generations - 0

LTWs Complete - 0


Portraits - 0


100,000 Simoleons - 0
 

100,000 Aspiration Points - 0

Skill Challenges Complete - 0



                                                                                    NEXT

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!!!!!!! I'll be stalking your blog from this day forward. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad to hear it! I hope you continue to enjoy my particular brand of kookiness. :P

      Delete