Wednesday, February 20, 2013

0.5 When Wishing Stars Fall

Welcome back everybody! The latest patch has put my simming on hold until awesome Twallan is able to update the Nraas mods. But lucky for YOU guys, I've already played up to the heir poll so you still get a Disney update! 

We open up today with Aladdin taking a moment to enjoy the fact that it's Spring and still snowing.

ALADDIN - My cold-loving joy . . . it knows no boundaries.



Mama Ella is inside happily cleaning any and all dirty surfaces on her day off. They probably have enough funds to hire a maid, but I'm waiting until Ella herself rolls the wish for one. Right now she seems content to do all the cleaning herself.



The time had come at last for Aladdin's prom! He changed into his suit and then hurried off to meet Sabrina at school.



No surprise, Aladdin bagged himself the prom king crown. He and Sabrina had a ton of positive relationship pop-ups, and she eventually asked him to go steady. We were happy to accept.



Unfortunately he didn't get the prom picture in his inventory until he was back home and in bed, so it put him in his (still awesomely pink) pajamas instead of his suit. Oh well, Aladdin's bawse enough to pull it off.



Meanwhile Aurora is happily dreaming of unicorns in her unicorn themed bed . . . . awesome.



Walt has earned over 100k Lifetime Happiness points, so yay point! We used some of them to buy the climate-control thingy. As you can see, it's raining. It's ALWAYS raining, omg. Seriously, it seems like rain is the default setting in Hidden Springs, rather than sunny/normal. Since we had outdoor plans today, Walt deals with this atmospheric hiccup.



The reason being, it was Love Day in Hidden Springs and I wanted the family to take a trip to the festival grounds!



Ella tried out this relationship-reader thing. She got an average reading.



Then she gave the kissing booth a try, which was pretty cute. Luckily the booth-guy didn't take advantage, and just gave her a quick peck. Walt was busy eating a plate of grasshopper pie.



After school, the kids hurried over to take part in an egg hunt. As you can see, Archimedes is QUITE excited to have found his first egg.



Aurora shares in his joy. Sadly Aladdin couldn't join the family at the park, he was busy completing an opportunity for his Art Club.



After pie, Walt and Ella shared a romantic dance together on the dance floor . . . where this old guy seemed to think was the perfect place for a picnic. 

OLD GUY - They're stepping on my watermelon!  D:

Aurora is also in the background, still busily snatching up eggs. Archie only found 2 or 3, she cleaned up with 8. Competitive nature much? I think yes.



Ella stepped on poor Walt's foot. And then it started raining. AGAIN. So we decided to end our park outing and head home.

OLD GUY - This is a quality dinner and a show!

Oh stfu, old senile guy.



Back home it was time for Archimedes to join his older brother in teenhood! Aladdin was able to join the rest of the family for the celebration.

ELLA - I remember when I had to carry them to the cake . . . my babies are growing up too fast. :<



ARCHIMEDES - Hmm . . . what should I wish for?

ALADDIN - TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

ARCHIMEDES - . . . ah yes, new eardrums. Got it.



Presenting adorkable teenage Archimedes Disney! He rolled the Loner trait. Fitting for the eccentric, occasionally sticky-fingered scientist that he's shaping up to be.



ALADDIN - UGH! What is this?! Sunlight?! WARMTH! DO. NOT. WANT!



ARCHIMEDES - Yay sunlight! I looooooove the feel of the heat on my skin!

The brothers' opposing tastes in the weather make themselves known.



While the kids were at school, Walt had an opportunity to go convince Ella's stepsister Eunice that technology was cool.

WALT - So, you moved into your own house, huh? That's nice, congratulations. How'd you manage to afford that?

EUNICE - Oh, you know. Robbing banks is surprisingly lucrative.



WALT - What?! You're a CRIMINAL?! That's not good, Eunice!

EUNICE - Exactly, it's NOT good. It's evil, which I am. Evil, that is.

WALT - What's stopping me from calling the police?



EUNICE - Oh, I dunno, maybe the fact that I know where you live and I'll beat you to within an inch of your life if you try?

WALT - . . . fair enough. By the way, computers are cool.

EUNICE - Thanks for the heads up.



At home Ella had finally reached the level of cooking that allowed her to make her own favorite meal - grilled salmon.



Perfection was achieved, as usual.



As she sat down to eat, I rewarded her with an updated kitchen. Walt makes something like 15k a week in book royalties now, so the family is finally starting to get some simoleons in the bank.



Aladdin is still busy at his easel. He'd just like to remind you all that he loves the cold and misses winter time. For realsies.



While his brother mourns the loss of snow, Archimedes is on the phone inviting over his crush.



Everyone say hi to Margaret Vanderburg! She's Francesca Vanderburg's daughter, so that would make her Edward's niece. She's quite the cutie, with reddish brown hair and light purple eyes.



And what's more, she and Archie are 10/10 on the attraction scale.



Archimedes starts the visit out on the right foot by presenting Margaret with some roses. She's quite happy to receive them.



QUITE happy. Margaret was incredibly easy to woo, I'm pretty sure she loves herself some freckled genius.



ARCHIMEDES - So Maggie, I was hoping that you'd like to maybe sort of perhaps kinda go out with me now? Like . . . bemygirlfriendprettyplease.

MARGARET - Aw, I'd love to be your girlfriend Archie. 



They are QUITE adorable together. I'm an Archie-Maggie shipper, for realz.



While Archimedes was discovering hormones, Aurora finally had a chance to take her baking table out to the park and start her entrepreneurship. I even had her check the paper beforehand to make sure we had the right goods. Since chocolate was in high demand and vanilla was okay, we made 2 plates of chocolate cookies and one of vanilla muffins.



Taste test!



Despite all my preparations, we sold exactly ZERO. I just can't figure out how to make this bake table work, NONE of my kids ever sell anything. What am I doing wrong? There were tons of sims at the park, and none of them even came near her.



Ella has reached the Line Cook position in her culinary career! Moving right along in that aspect of her life.



At home she enjoys a plate of her grilled salmon while Aurora eats one of her cookies, if just to prove to herself that they're not radioactive or something.



Later that night . . .

WALT - Well sweetheart, all the kids are asleep. You're off from work, I'm done with my latest book . . . we actually have some free time to ourselves. I think we should 'do' something with this free time, what about you?



ELLA - You're absolutely right, dear. There's two or three loads of laundry that need washing, the bathrooms could use a good scrubbing and so do the countertops. We could knock all that out in only a couple hours with the two of us.

WALT - That . . . is so not what I had in mind.



Luckily Ella was just kidding. She knew what her not-so-subtle husband was hinting at. Our founding couple got to spend some quality couples time together that night that didn't involve the shower for once.

Wella 4 Ever







Aurora? What's with the horrified face? Did you just break your father's computer?

AURORA - Yes I did, but that's not what I'm so upset about. Daddy loves me, he could never get mad at me, not even for breaking his precious. No, my horror stems from the fact that Edward grew up into a teenager last night, and we just got the notification that he started dating SOMEONE ELSE!

Oh . . . oh dear. This can't end well.



Aurora stalked found Edward out in the neighborhood.

EDWARD - I feel a disturbance in the force.

AURORA - *I would have made you sandwiches, Edward. Well, I would have ordered our butler to make you sandwiches at least. But the thought would have been there!*



AURORA - Edward, what gives? I just heard from the Nraas grapevine that you started dating someone. Someone OTHER THAN ME. I thought we had an understanding, Edward. You're going to be King of Hidden Springs one day, and I'M supposed to be your Queen remember?! . . . Also, you're kinda dripping. Fyi.



EDWARD - Look, Aurora. We made that promise to get married when we were little kids. And you still ARE a little kid. I'm a teenager now, a growing man with growing manly needs. Needs that you can't fill without me getting sent to jail for a very long time. I hope you understand. So no hard feelings, okay?

AURORA - . . . okay fine. We're still only acquaintances anyway, I suppose it was foolish of me to believe that you'd wait the three measly days until I become a teenager myself. So go ahead, have your little fling with whatshername. In the meantime . . .



AURORA - TAG! You're it!

EDWARD - Curses!



Nothing like an afternoon of playing tag to build up their relationship. Oh, you didn't think Aurora was giving up on her Queen-hood that easily, did you? Oh no, she has plans and they will not be foiled by some random townie floozy. Also, the fact that Edward won't play tag without a sun parasol . . . I died LOLing.

EDWARD - I have sensitive skin! Leave me alone! :<



Back at home Archimedes was spending the afternoon working on his logic skill. Unsuccessfully, as he blew himself up quite a lot. Poor guy.



Aladdin was released from the easel for a while to play with his brand-new laptop. Here he's trying to Overclock it, but he didn't manage it sadly.



Since it wasn't raining for once, Archimedes gave up on the chemistry lab and went back to his telescope stand-by. That's much safer, right?



Now best-friends with an unsuspecting Edward, Aurora went back home to try and work her bake-sale table some more on the home lot.



At first this looks like a shot to illustrate the hilarity of the fact that Archie is thinking of Woohoo and smiling happily about it.

But more importantly, take note of the huge circular shadow around him . . . . Yes, our supposedly 'safe' telescope has allowed him to spot an asteroid which is getting strangely bigger and bigger in the sky . . . .



AURORA - Hey, is that a rock? Why is it getting bigger?

Don't look at it, RUN!!!!11!!!!1



Holy crap, run! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!! Ella was at work, but all three kids AND my founder were on the lot. That would have ended this legacy in one fell swoop!



Sweet mother of mercy! This is only the SECOND meteor I have ever seen in my game, in all the years that I've been playing.



FIVE fires? Really, game?! I had Walt call the fire department while the kids all qued up to run back to the house and freak out about the fire. Because, sim logic. Why stay at a safe distance when they can put their lives in immediate and nerve-wracking danger?



WALT, ARCHIMEDES and ALADDIN - OMG fire! FIIIIRRREEEE!!

AURORA - Whew, I do declare it is QUITE warm out here, don't you agree?



Aladdin actually pulls out an extinguisher and tries to put out the blaze while Walt decides the best course of action is to STAND IN THE FIRE. Aurora has since run inside the house to pass out, thanks to her Coward trait. At least she's not in danger of burning alive.



The fire department finally arrived. I wish I could say they actually helped, but that would be a lie.



ARCHIMEDES - OMP dad, get out of the fire before you DIE!

WALT - What was that? I can't hear you over the pain of my skin melting off.

HOLY CRAP WALT, MOVE!!!!!

FIREMAN - I love these stairs, is this mahogany?



Luckily, at that moment it started to rain and that put out all the fires, keeping our founder from suffering a fiery agonizing death. I will never again complain about the amount that it rains in Hidden Springs. It can rain alllll it wants to.

FIREMAN - Well, my job here is done. Next time try to be more careful!

WALT - GTFO before I straight up murder you where you stand.



Well, that was an exciting conclusion eh? Join us next time for the last chapter before our first official heir vote! Until then, happy simming!
_____________________

Generations - 1

LTWs Complete - 1


Portraits - 0


100,000 Simoleons - 0
 

100,000 Aspiration Points - 1

Skill Challenges Complete - 0


TOTAL - 3



PREVIOUS                                                                   NEXT

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOMMMMGG

    I am SO sorry but I am crying from laughing SO hard! Oh my gosh. I'm SOOO glad Walt and all the kiddos are ok but omg that was pure entertainment. Omg.

    Reminds me of the first time I had a meteor. Boyfriend and his friend were on the couch playing something and I was at the computer. Suddenly the sky grew dark, and I was like "What in tye world...?" Then I saw the shadow and I was like "What the heck...?!" Then super explosion and me yelling "OH MY GOD WHAT THE *EXPLICIT LANGUAGE* WAS THAT?!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah!!! It was pretty darned funny as I was playing it too. I'm like SERIOUSLY game?!? And my first encounter with a meteor went very similar. It was my first test family playing after Generations came out, and a meteor took out their house too. >_< Luckily there were no fatalities, but lots of screaming and singed sims.

      Delete