Saturday, June 15, 2013

A.5 - Your Princess is In Another Castle

Welcome back all to the next edition of Wishing Upon a Star! 

BUTLER-DENNIS - Greetings, Majesty! I've come to keep your home in tip-top-shape!

Being rich and endowed with delusions of grandeur, Aurora thought it was high time she hired herself a butler instead of a maid. We were blessed with Dennis Applegate, who picks up after rich sims for a living and enjoys a hobby of being a Stephen Colbert look-a-like.

I mean, just look at him. He reeks of Truthiness.



There was no room in the current house for an extra bed, so Butler Dennis gets his own little box-house in the backyard.


And while I was at it, I finally put out some flowers for Walt and Ella's graves. XD



That afternoon, this little girl came home from school with Bolt. Her name is Elaine Shue, a descendant from original townie Star Shue I believe.



Unfortunately Bolt couldn't be bothered with hanging out with a girl who wasn't his sister, so Elaine ended up playing house with Belle instead.



And gossiping with Edward, who couldn't resist the temptation of socializing with a new sim--child-age or not.



Bambi was holding court, of course, though this time in his grandpa's old study.



EDWARD - And so you see, son, running a kingdom isn't nearly as easy and fun as you might expect. There's all sorts of rules and regulations you have to follow, social etiquette and formalities to be observed . . .

Edward decided to impart some of his political knowledge onto Bolt.



But according to that expression, I'm guessing Bolt has exactly zero f*cks to give about it. Poor Edward.



ELAINE - I don't understand, Butler Dennis. Bolt played hopscotch with me today on the playground, I thought that meant we were going steady! But now he won't have anything to do with me. What am I doing wrong?

BUTLER-DENNIS - Don't worry, Miss Elaine. Give it a few years, and I promise he'll come around.



Elaine took Butler-Dennis' advice to heart and left for home soon after. Oblivious, Bolt went on to enjoy a rousing video game with his sister Belle.

BOLT - What was that?! HAX!!!1

BELLE - Don't be a sore loser.



And Bambi went around giving his trip-siblings all the hugs. :3



So cute!!



The dishwasher broke, but Butler-Dennis was right on top of that nonsense. No broken appliances on HIS watch!



And then . . . he went and sat in the bathroom and just . . . stared at the wall. Erm, Butler-Dennis? You know you have your own room and everything, right?

BUTLER-DENNIS - I must absorb the ambiance.

Uuuh . . . okay.



What's the eldest up to? Ben has been spending most of his time playing with the Science research thingy. It pleases his little nerdy genius soul.



Edward has reached the point in his career where he needs to raise funds for promotions, so on his day off he threw his first fund-raising party. This townie here was one of his friends from work, the first to arrive and Edward wastes no time hitting him up for simoleons.



Archimedes' wife Margaret was also invited, and she actually managed to dress appropriately for once! *dies of shock*



Archimedes himself also managed to show up on time, too.



Then the other third of the A-gen and spouse, Aladdin and Sabrina.



And then the old-lady crasher broke the TV . . . nice goin' lady.



Luckily Butler-Dennis was still all up on top of that shizz. You'll also notice a certain fairy-girl taking up the right-hand side of this picture . . .



Edward was kind enough to invite Tink over so Ben could spend some 'quality time' with his girlfriend.

BUTLER-DENNIS - That's the way, Master Ben! Good show!

. . . awkward . . .



After snogging, Ben decided to go outside with Tink and have a water-balloon fight instead.



Walt and Ella's room got turned into a play room for the kids. I was amused that they dressed in their formal-wear because of the party.



Not surprising, Margaret shunned most of the guests and hid away in the study, Smustling it up by herself.



After she left, Ben and Tink replaced her. Not long after that the party was drawn to a close and Edward managed to rake in a whopping 69k simoleons. O_o Holy crap. I've never held a fundraiser before so I dunno what the norm is, but that seems like a lot . . . .



Since they both had wishes, Aurora decides to teach Ben to drive in his new (birthday present) car, a snazzy red Chevy Camaro.



My attention was briefly diverted when I realized Bolt wasn't at home. He had an opportunity to watch a free game at the stadium for school. Apparently he witnessed a werewolf transform somewhere in the middle of that (it's a full-moon night) and I found him passed out on the court outside. O_o Poor little guy.


I got him sent back home, switched back to Ben and found . . . this . . . . 

He's walking slowly in one direction and his mom is frozen in the background, and yet he's still 'skilling' for his driving? Eh . . . . I ended up having to resetsim them both.



Then Tink called him that night at around 2 in the morning . . . if it was anybody else I doubt he'd be that happy about it.

BEN - A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!



Being a full moon, the zombies were out in full force. Poor Ghost-Walt was not a fan of nearly being nommed upon.



ELLA - Hello, Edward! Greetings from the Afterlife!

WALT - Yeah, hey son! How're things?

EDWARD - Oh merciful Watcher! The undead! 

I have NO idea why he thought it was a good idea to go traipsing around in his underwear at night during a full moon . . . .



EDWARD - Good-bye cruel world! Remember me fondly! . . .

ELLA - Okay then, I'll just head on inside. Have a good nap.



Ghostly Walt decided to hang out and play with the doll house.



Belle eventually joined him.

BELLE - This almost makes up for the fact that you died on my birthday. Almost.

WALT - But it's not like I had any control over that . . . :<



Terrified of his ghostly in-laws, and yet Edward thinks the Zombie trying to eat his face is funny and he mocks her . . . luckily she turned back just after this and left. -_-*



Then it was time for three generations of Disneys to enjoy the game system.

BOLT - Seriously! What is WITH this game?!? Why can't I ever win?!

EDWARD -I am the master!

WALT - Oh my. This has become way more competitive since I've been dead, apparently.



Meanwhile Bambi enjoys a nice breakfast with his dead grandma. Only in the sims.



Whoa, nice one Aurora! Appropriately themed painting is appropriate!

AURORA - Thank you. I painted it in celebration.

Celebration? Of what?



AURORA - New house!

Yes indeed, I decided the royal Disneys deserved a house that reflected their social status. I of course didn't build this (I WISH I was this talented of a builder). This is Ravenloft Series Lockwood by the awesome CK213, with a few modifications due to missing content/needs of my own sims.



I'm happy to say that Butler-Dennis safely made the transition intact.



Even though it was thirty degrees outside (it's Fall) the kids wasted no time in taking advantage of the pool out back.



And then Bolt and Bambi played with the frisbee.



Bambi is holding court and Bolt is neurotically staring out of a window . . . yep, the Disneys have made themselves at home.



AURORA - I approve!

Our Queen still loves it when her son plays at being royalty.


She tried her hand at another portrait. A little dark, but at least half of her face isn't cut off.



Edward has reached the level of Mayor! A great accomplishment, despite his terrified expression.

EDWARD - I'm gonna get assassinated. I just know it.

You can't get assassinated in the sims, sweetie. At least not without certain mods, which I don't have. You're safe, I promise.



Despite having another little box-house in the side yard, Butler-Dennis decided to nap on a lounger by the pool in the middle of a snow-storm. Um, Dennis? Is there something wrong with the bed I assigned you?



No time for that, though, because it's time for the triplets to have their teen birthdays! Dad was still at work, but mom, Ben and Butler-Dennis were on hand to cheer them on.



First up is the eldest of the three, Bolt. He rolled the Gatherer trait and immediately had a neurotic freak-out about thinking the stove was left on. Bolt has really started to grow on me, he's gone from my least favorite (looks-wise) to the top of the list. I really like his unique eye-color now.



Next up is the middle-born, Belle! She rolled Commitment-Issues for her next trait, uh oh! She's cute and I'd like her more except she's a COMPLETE clone of her mother. :( That's gonna be a tough hurdle to overcome if she wants to win heirship.



And finally! The baby of the family, Bambi! He rolled Loves the Outdoors for his final trait.



And then, ANOTHER new house!

I liked the look of the other, but it was just too cramped for six sims and a butler. So instead the Disneys got relocated to an all new 64x64 lot on which was placed Sweet Home Twinbrook Mansion, also by CK213 (can you tell I'm a fan?)



The Disneys quickly made themselves right at home.

BOLT - What is this, 'stop in the name of love' nonsense?

BAMBI - I dunno, that's not on my paper . . . you must have picked up the trivia packet instead by mistake.

BOLT - Crap.



Belle took her homework upstairs into her room and worked on it by herself. Grumpy face is grumpy.



Aurora is busy painting away, for simoleons as well as furthering her career as a painter. After buying the mansion and rebuying some items like skill books and car, the family is sitting at a measly 4k in the bank--the lowest they've been in quite a while.



Another day off for Edward means another fund raiser party. This townie managed to be the first to arrive yet again. Edward is still nose-deep in the Social Networking skill book . . . texting and blogging has become his new favorite hobby.



The rest of the guests were gathering on the front porch. It amused me that most of them were swamped with thoughts of Aladdin. As usual, now that he's arrived the party can officially get underway. :P



Aurora still needs to finish her cooking skill for her LTW. She's at level 8 I believe, at this point. Archimedes decided to sit and hang out with a book of his own. 

Notice Butler-Dennis in the background. I'd like to officially kick off the 'spot the photo-bombing butler' game. This will be Butler Sighting #1 . . .



Aladdin gets his groove on, and of course it isn't with his wife Sabrina. XD

. . . Butler Sighting #2



Sabrina was actually outside, fresh from a dip in the hot tub to jam out on her cello instead . . . okay, random much?



It wasn't until much later that I realized she was preggers! They snuck that one by me! She gave birth later that night, to another girl I named Alice Disney. (That one's for you, A_Niles! :P )



Aladdin proves that he does still love his wife, despite their antics otherwise. If the baby-bump wasn't enough of a hint, at least.



BOLT - *nervous* Roses are red . . . violets are blue . . . I have a crush, how about you? . . . OMP that was lame. 

Now a teen, much as Butler Dennis predicted, Bolt's new hormones have caused him to see his friend Elaine in an all new light . . . 

. . . Butler Sighting #3



EDWARD - I think it's great that you have a crush, son! It builds character. I'm sure she'll return the sentiment.

BELLE - Yeah, that is if she forgives you for completely ignoring her when we were kids.

. . . Butler Sighting #4



BOLT - Ugh, that's it. I can't go to school tomorrow. Not unless I have a spacesuit to hide in or something.

BELLE - Nonsense! Buck up, Bolt, and take your rejection like a man.

BAMBI - I can't help but notice that you haven't even tried to talk to the guy that YOU like, Belle . . . .

BELLE - We aren't talking about ME, Bambi. Don't change the subject. >:P

The triplets all have their eye on someone in particular. We'll get to see them soon enough.

Meanwhile Ben is still happily playing away with his science skill.



Butler Sighting #5

BUTLER-DENNIS - I sense something behind me . . .

It's a Walt! And what's more, Walt has his hair back, yaaaaaaay! He just wasn't Walt without the hair.



His first order of business was making himself a non-fat latte. That made me giggle.



Aha! Yet another subject-appropriate painting! That one got hung up in the nursery for future Disney generations to gaze upon.



Bambi had an opportunity to catch a fish for school. Nothing like fishing in the snow, after all. Sadly he didn't manage to catch one that night, but his Loves the Outdoors trait enjoyed the trying at least.



EDWARD - You finished your homework, right son?

BOLT - *sigh* Yes dad!

EDWARD - Because you know your mother will kill you if you get a bad grade and end up in the tabloids.

BOLT - I know, dad!

Father and son enjoy some TV time together.



Guess what Ben was doing? Guess!! Bet you didn't say 'playing with the research station' didja! Huh? Huh?!?!

. . . .

Yeah, that one was a gimme.



Meanwhile Belle was up in her room jamming out on her new guitar.



At least until Bolt beaned her in the head with a pillow.



Do the siblings survive the epic pillow war that follows? Tune in next time to find out! Until then, Happy Simming!
___________________________


Generations - 2

LTWs Complete - 2


Portraits - 6


100,000 Simoleons - 2

 
100,000 Aspiration Points - 4

Skill Challenges Complete - 2


TOTAL - 18




PREVIOUS                                                      NEXT

2 comments:

  1. D'aaaaaaaawwwww!!! An Alice just for me?! That is so awesome :) You are le awesome!

    Loved the chapter :) Those Disney paintings are sooo cute, are those part of that painting replacement mod?! I've never seen them before!

    I think I'm pulling for Bolt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe *bow* I try. :P

      I love the theme-appropriate paintings myself, and yes indeedy they're part of the replacement mod. :)

      Yay, another Bolt fan! :D

      Delete