Friday, May 17, 2013

A.3 - Them's the B's

Welcome back everybody! I apologize for the delay, but due to horrible-horrible-horrible lag I lost the desire to play Sims at all until I got my new computer. Which I did, and it's AWESOME. But more on that later.

Since it's been a while, let's recap : Last time on Wishing Upon a Star, our A-Gen heiress married her real-life Prince Charming Edward Vanderburg. She mastered 2 of the 3 skills she needs for her Lifetime Wish and successfully bore her first baby, a son named Ben Disney (despite her fierce desire for a daughter). She and Edward also managed to get the next nooboo in the oven before we left off.

We start off our chapter today with adorable Ben polishing off his walking skill on his own in a 'masculine' pink walker. 



He also did some playing with the squeaky toys before his grandpa Walt rescued him from the contraption.



Because it was nappy-times.



After that was through, Ben got plopped into the playpen to test out the solo teaching-to-talk function. While helpful, I find it a bit inconvenient that the action only lasts for a few minutes, forcing you to keep re-que-ing it. Kind've annoying, but if the parents/grandparents are busy I suppose it'll be worth it.



BEN - Yay! I taught myself to talk! . . . Wait, how does that even make sense?

Only in the sims, sweetie. Only in the sims.



Our reigning Queen is coming right along in her second pregnancy, very close to popping in fact. 

AURORA - . . . my 'b*tch-sense' is tinging . . .

Eh?



EDWARD - Please . . . please stop trying to flirt with me. My wife will kill you. And then make my life a living hell. 

INAPPROPRIATELY FLIRTY-MAID - Maybe I should listen to him . . .

Yes, yes you should. Fittingly, this was the last time we ever saw Inappropriately Flirty Maid. I like to imagine that Aurora hired someone to have her 'taken care of.'



Later that night -

AURORA - Oh! Baby nao!

EDWARD - Oh sweet merciful Watcher, I'm not cut out for this kind of stress!

You want to be Leader of the Free World, Edward. I'm sure there'll be far more stressful events in that career than your wife going into labor. How do you plan on dealing with those?

EDWARD - That's what secretaries and personal assistants are fooooooor!



AURORA - *serene* I love having babies.

EDWARD - WHY AREN'T YOU THE LEAST BIT CONCERNED WITH THE SMALL SIM TRYING TO ESCAPE YOUR WOMB?!?!?!



Edward finally managed to get a-hold of his cowardice and drove Aurora to the hospital. Unfortunately he had to deal with this drama-queen townie on the way inside. 

DRAMA-Q - Oh, plumbob. That dinner jacket is so last season.

EDWARD - :<



Moments later, proud mama Aurora exits the hospital . . . with a basket . . . .

AURORA - You there. I heard that you insulted my husband, your KING, while I was giving birth . . . .

DRAMA-Q - Maybe if I pretend like I don't hear her, she'll just go away . . .

Don't count on it. XD



Back home - 

ELLA - Hello, Gracie? Yes, this is Ella Disney. I'm calling to let you know that I'm officially retiring from the kitchen. It appears as though I'm going to be more needed at home.



Walt was on hand to help his wife celebrate her retirement from 5-Star Chef. As Ella had mentioned in the phone-call, there was a very good reason why she decided that this was the time to do so . . .



Everyone meet Bolt Disney! Bolt was born with the Neurotic and Light Sleeper traits. He loves Roots music, Potato and Truffle Torte and the color Irish Green.



Bolt is named for this cutie, star of the same-named animated feature.


Now everybody meet his sister, Belle Disney! Belle was born a Brave Virtuoso, who loves Egyptian music, Pumpkin Pie and the color Turquoise.



Belle is named for this lovely lady, my personal favorite Disney Princess, from the movie Beauty and the Beast.


Aaaand meet their OTHER brother, Bambi Disney.

AURORA - Okay, I'm over the baby thing.

Bambi was born an Excitable Loner. He also loves Egyptian music, Stu Surprise and the color Lavender.

I gave Aurora the Fertility Treatment, hoping for twins. Of course my game has to troll me with triplets. -_-*



Bambi is, of course, named for this guy - the star of the same-named title.


EDWARD - I like this one.

Edward, it's not good to play favorites with your children.



Edward plays with Ben and keeps him entertained while the rest of the family take care of the triplets and get them settled.



Nothing like a rousing game of Attack of the Claw, after all.



Meanwhile Aurora, Walt and Ella are in the hastily built nursery off the back of the house.



The next two days were a blur of synchronized snuggling, feeding and diaper changing.



While Ben continued to work on all the other toddler skills, starting with the xylophone.


BEN - Hmmm . . . yep! Not too hot, not too cold.



Soon enough it was time to age up the triplets from worms to toddler simmies. Walt, Ella and Aurora had all singled out a favorite to take care of, and fittingly they each got to take that toddler to their cake. Walt helps Bolt blow out his candles.



Ella gets to help out little Belle.



And mama Aurora is elected to help out the baby of the bunch, Bambi.



Here we have toddler Bolt. He got grandma Ella's blond hair, and I'm not entirely sure where his eyes come from. They're kind of a strange greenish yellow.



Belle is a little clone of her mother, with black hair and red-brown eyes.



And finally Bambi, who also inherited grandma Ella's blond hair and grandpa Walt's lighter brown eyes.



With four toddlers in the house . . . needless to say the triplets were stuck in walkers or the playpen and forced to take care of their own skill building.



WALT - Can we PLEASE go on vacation now?

ELLA - Don't be silly, Walt. We wouldn't want to miss out on our grandchildren growing up!

WALT - Speak for yourself.


Despite all the hectic chaos, Ella managed to do me proud by completing all of the Cooking Skill Challenges, so POINT for the score card!


AURORA - They're about to all be asleep at the same time . . . Nirvana!

Poor over-worked mama.


It was here that I installed University--which was also the start of my really bad lag problems. I powered through it for a little while though.

We got our first visit from the creepy Llama Mascot.



Walt had to go out and play with the little bucket-thing he dropped off. His expression kills me.

WALT - What the crap is this?



The babies continue to be self-sufficient while the maid cleans up their messes.



I had Aurora play with the sketchbook briefly, but it's not really her style. I don't think she's touched it since. She prefers her easel.



Edward, however, was very quickly enamored with the podium. 

EDWARD - Hello! Welcome and thank you for taking the time to listen to my incredibly intelligent, charismatic speech on economic growth.



EDWARD - Presentation, perfect. Vocalization, flawless. Now I just have to figure out what 'economic growth' means . . .

He's trying at least?



AURORA - So . . . many . . . babies . . . .

If Aurora survives the toddler years with her sanity intact, it'll be a small but hard-won miracle.



Since Walt spends almost all his time on the computer, his status in the Nerd Social Group is moving right along. He can play multi-player online games on the console now.



WALT - I just sent a TEXT. To my son. Because I'm HIP like that.

Walt's faces . . . they complete me. I swear.



Next on the agenda is little Ben's childhood birthday. One less toddler in the house, yaaaaaay!



Mom and grandparents are on hand to help him celebrate, of course.



And here we have him! His next trait rolled is Genius, so he gets an appropriate make-over to fit. I do <3 the nerdy sims.



Ben doesn't disappoint me either, rolling a ton of wishes to learn logic, read a logic book, etc.



This is just a shameless excuse to show off his jammies. Dino-slippers! I love it.



BEN - This quantum string-theory is FASCINATING. Don't you think so, Grampa?

WALT - *snore, snuffle*

I don't know why Ben felt the need to sit on his grandparents bed to read. Apparently it was the place to be, at the time.


BEN - What . . . what IS this? 

Homework?

BEN - More like comedy. But I was referring to this clearly poisonous plant you've displayed so proudly on our dining room table. Are you TRYING to kill us all?

Um . . . no?


The other babies don't question me. Mostly because they can't yet, but lets all marvel at their synchronized learning! I love how much Bambi is in to the xylophone in this shot.


I went ahead and bought Walt an Honorary Communications Degree. He randomly rolled Mooch as his extra trait.



ELLA - Hmm . . . I feel a little funny . . . .

Oh noes.



ELLA - Oh dear.

Nuuuuuu!



Despite my protests, Ella continued into her see-through phase of un-life.



The men of the house ran in to protest this sudden change of events, as well.



They broke my heart. D:



Especially when Ella begged for her life rather than leaving quietly. Unfortunately Grim was having none of it, and shipped her off this mortal coil without preamble.



And then Grim started laughing at Walt's misery!!!!

WALT - Are you seriously gonna let him get away with that?!

Well, as awful as it was . . . it is kind've neat to have an actual evil Grim Reaper . . .



Seeing a ghost AND the Grim Reaper was of course far too much for cowardly Edward to handle. He promptly ran into his bedroom and fainted.







I used a Moodlet Manager to remove Aurora and Edward's mourning moodlets, but I let Walt keep his. It seemed more fitting to me that he miss his wife.



Unfortunately that means there's an awful lot of THIS going on, with him and poor Ben who can't have access to moodlet managers.



EDWARD - You know, son . . . death is a scary thing. If you need to talk about it, I just want you to know that I'm here for you.



BEN - Uh, thanks dad, but don't worry about it. I understand all I need to. And besides, I'm afraid if we start talking about the Reaper you'll pass out again.



It was at this point that I stopped playing because of the lag. I got my new computer, installed all my games and then fought with it for several hours trying to get it to work right--even though the only thing that changed was that I'm running on Windows 8 now instead of 7.

I lost almost all of my custom content. In the end, though, I can't complain too much--the game is running SO much better now. But as a result, several sims get a bit of a make-over as I no longer have their original outfits or hairstyles.

Aurora and Walt are two of them. They're getting ready to age up the triplets, but Walt is still broken-hearted over Ella.



Still, there's cake-celebration to be had. Bolt gets to go first, in random overalls that I didn't bother changing since he's about to grow up anyway.



He ages up successfully, rolling the Vegetarian trait. I'm also happy that his eyes have become a more normal color, more green than gunky.



Next up is Belle, who's also stuck with the random overalls. Grandpa Walt does the honors.



And then after blowing out the candles, Walt sets his granddaughter down and dies.

O_O



Aurora's expression matched the one I was wearing just about perfectly.

I'M NOT READY TO LOSE MY FOUNDERRRRR!



GRIM - Well . . . this is awkward.



BELLE - So . . . I grew up just in time to become aware of the fact that my grandpa just died on my birthday? That's . . . awesome. Really.

BEN - Noooooo! I'd almost gotten rid of my mourning moodlet from gramma!

Belle rolled the Ambitious trait amidst her grandfather kicking the bucket.



At least Walt was more accepting of his fate than I was, shaking Grim's hand and hopping into his urn afterward with no fuss.



Edward came home from work in time to get in on the sobbing.



And then fainting soon after, of course.



This time Aurora joined him, too.



After we managed to recover from that shock, it was finally time for the youngest to age up. Blissfully unaware of the tragedy that had struck just moments ago.



Bambi ages up successfully without the bad moodlet, rolling the Family-Oriented trait.



Before we go, some spare-baby updates. Archimedes and Margaret's son Aslan has become a teen.



As well as Aladdin and Sabrina's daughter, Ariel.



Well, that's it for this update! Hopefully the next won't take so long to get out, now that my system is running better. It was hard getting through those deaths (I still can't believe my Wella is GONE!) but now that they're behind us, we can focus on the B-Gen growing up! Join us next time and as always, happy simming!

___________________


Generations - 2

LTWs Complete - 2


Portraits - 6


100,000 Simoleons - 1

 
100,000 Aspiration Points - 3

Skill Challenges Complete - 2


TOTAL - 16



PREVIOUS                                                      NEXT

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Not Walt AND Ella!!! And on the triplets birthday?! Where is the justice in this?!

    Le sigh.

    Still a great update none-the-less. So glad to have you back :) And congrats on the new machine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! I forgot to reply! :P I know, I couldn't believe Walt and Ella both died so close together, and Walt on the babies' birthday! D: As always, thankies for reading and commenting!!

      Delete