Saturday, March 2, 2013

A.1 Innocence is Overrated

It's that time everybody! Time to get the very first official generation of the Wishing Upon a Star Alphabetacy underway!

WALT - Hey! What am I, chopped liver?!

No bb, you're the founder. But now it's time for our heiress Aurora to cake up to young adult and begin her long and storied reign over her beautiful kingdom of Hidden Springs.

AURORA - Ah, glorious.


Mom and dad were of course near-by to help her celebrate. Walt and Ella make SUCH a cute elder-couple, omg. I'm dying from the cuteness.



AURORA - Yes, loving subjects! Cheer for me with adoration!

. . . let's not get ahead of ourselves, Aurora dear.



And here we have her, folks. The heiress of the A Generation, Aurora Disney. She rolls Great Kisser for her final trait, and I decide on Renaissance Sim for her LTW, which is to max 3 skills.

And, of course, she has a tiara in her hair. And she wears it ALL. THE. TIME. It never comes off. Ever.



First order of business was to give the Disneys a home renovation. If I was a more skilled/interested builder I would've tried for a castle theme, but I just wasn't much in a building mood at the time.



In fact this house is built entirely of different blueprint rooms smushed together and edited, lolol. Still, it's rather spacious with lots of windows overlooking their sea-side cliff AND filled with the more expensive amenities as befitting a Princess and future Queen.



Speaking of future royalty . . . since I had specific plans for the wedding, I went ahead and merged our future spouse into the household through edit town. Technically cheating, but whatevs. He's Aurora's property anyhow, as if he'd ever manage to escape her clutches. Pfft.

So now that he's part of the household, his official introduction ;

Edward Vanderburg is a Dramatic, Charismatic, Excitable, Workaholic Coward. He enjoys Hip Hop music, Goopy Carbonara and the color Blue. His lifetime wish is to become the Leader of the Free World, as such he's already enrolled into the Political career.



While her future husband was getting acquainted with being kidnapped, Aurora was off to City Hall to enroll as a self-employed Painter. 

AURORA - Just you wait, huge statue. One day it will be my beautiful likeness up on that pedestal, being loved and worshiped by my adoring subjects . . .



EDWARD - This place isn't so bad! They've got a great TV, lots of books and several mirrors in which to practice my speeches and admire my handsome, chiseled visage. Sure, my other house was a twenty-room mansion, but my elder brother Sebastian lives there and I was getting tired of having to deal with the never-ending carousel of women he invites over trying to recapture his youth. I really think I'm going to like living here with you guys!

ELLA - Whatever helps you sleep at night, dear.



EDWARD - . . . I'm trying really hard not to panic, here. And that's not helping.

And I'm trying really hard to wish that you don't pass that mouth down to too many of your descendants. XD

EDWARD - D:



Luckily Aurora arrived on the scene to help 'soften the blow' of Edward being suddenly and unceremoniously relocated.

EDWARD - Woo! I sense make-out-timez on the horizon! *happy shimmy*



AURORA - Did . . . did my future husband and King of my kingdom just . . . shimmy?

EDWARD - *poker face*



EDWARD - So, since we're both sitting on the couch together, can we have cuddle-times plz?

AURORA - *feigns surprise* Why Edward! I thought you'd never ask.



Despite Edward's quirks and Aurora's overbearing ego, these two make a surprisingly cute couple.



Cuddle time kissies! A very sweet and romantic scene . . . .



You know, except for the whole 'your mom is still sitting on the couch with you' thing . . . .



EDWARD - That was just so . . . *wibble* . . . so moving! And powerful! True looooooove!

AURORA - I don't care if he's emotional, just so long as he's not secretly gay . . .

ELLA - He just got done playing tonsil hockey with you for over an hour, dear, I think you're safe.


After the couples-time, Aurora retreated back into her art studio to get to work on her portrait. Spoilers, this one ended up blurry so she had to start again. XD


AURORA - And then after my official coronation I plan on having a parade to celebrate the start of my long and beloved rule. 

WALT - This french toast is superb. Remind me to thank your mother.

AURORA - Are you listening to me, daddy?

WALT - Of course, pumpkin. 

If you can't tell yet, everyone else in the house pretty much humors Aurora and her delusions of grandeur.



WALT - Never tell your only little girl that she's a princess, Rubber Ducky. Trust me on this. You'll pay for it for the rest of your life.

Elder Walt is just TOO CUTE. He's really starting to make me dread the day he passes. :( !!



It seems Edward was having a moment of clairvoyance after work the next day. 

EDWARD - YAY! I sense good things are on the way for me!

Well, I suppose that's a matter of opinion . . . .



AURORA - Oh noes! I'm a pure and innocent princess! I don't know if I can ever woohoo! What if it forever tarnishes meeeeee!

EDWARD - . . . . wat.



WALT - My daddy senses are tingling . . . my daughter's purity is being threatened . . . .

PORTRAIT-WALT - Trust me, self. This is a good thing. Maybe a good woohoo'll settle her ass down.



EDWARD - You . . . you were just kidding with that whole . . . no-woohoo thing, weren't you Aurora? I-I mean, how else will we have children? And we have to have children to carry on the legacy, remember!

AURORA - I suppose you're right. But I can't let anything threaten my reign as Queen. What if my subjects lose their respect for me and turn against me?



EDWARD - Trust me, love. That will never, ever happen. No one can help but love you.

AURORA - *swoon*

Edward knows just what to say to get in her pants win her heart.



AURORA - Well, thankfully I have the perfect solution to our problem!

EDWARD - What problem?

AURORA - According to antiquated tradition, so long as we're married--or even engaged--it's perfectly acceptable to woohoo!



AURORA - Check out this ring I bought you to give to me earlier today!

EDWARD - Holy NUGGETS!! Look at the size of . . . can we even afford that kind of ring, Aurora? I-I mean, I know I'm a Vanderburg and a Prince and all, but most of the family fortune went to Sebastian and Francesca . . . .



AURORA - Of course we can afford it (with a second mortgage). But the important thing is, this is the perfect ring for a princess and future queen, amirite? Eh? Eeeeeeh?



Game-mechanics-wise, Aurora was of course the one to propose--but story-wise there's no way in heck that would ever go down, lololol.

Still the kiddies are now officially engaged. Now to wait for Edward's day off so they can actually get married. No quick living-room private ceremony for a princess, after all.



EDWARD - Well, it's hard to top that fancy, ridiculously expensive diamond ring I apparently bought you, but how about a bouquet of red roses for my pretty princess?

AURORA - OMP flowers!



Yeah, Edward's laying on the charm. I think we all know the reason why, too . . . smooth operator, Ed. Smoooooooth.



See? Smooth.





No baby lullabies just yet, I didn't want her to be preggers in the middle of her wedding (think of the scandal!), but I can definitively tell you that Aurora no longer gives a two-bit-damn about her 'innocence.'



This would have been perfect if it didn't cut off her eye--which was TOTALLY in the frame when I took the still for the portrait. Oh well, this will do for now, I might have her try again later. POINT!



And not long afterward Aurora completes the portrait of her Prince perfectly on the first try. Another point!



The next day was Snow Day, and to celebrate I thought it'd be fun to invite the boys and their wives over for a gift giving party. My track record with parties in the sims should have warned me how 'well' this would turn out, but I was determined to try.

At first Aladdin was the only one who showed up.



AURORA - Ugh, Aladdin! That bubble-vest is killing me! KILLING ME!

EDWARD - Uh . . . so, um, thanks for coming over?

ALADDIN - Yeah, no problem. And don't worry about my sister, I grew up with her. I'm used to it. And by the way, you are one brave sonofab*tch for agreeing to marry her, just sayin.

EDWARD - Uh, thanks?

ALADDIN - Seriously, guy. Balls of solid rock.

EDWARD - This conversation is doing nothing for my pre-wedding jitters, fyi.



After a short while Margaret finally showed up, too. Sabrina and Archimedes must have been at work or something, because they didn't. 

ELLA - I would boast to you about my grandchildren, but thanks to you and Sabrina I have yet to actually SEE my grandchildren. 

MAGGIE - It's nice to see you too, mom.

ELLA - I'm not kidding. Would it kill you to bring him by for ONE visit?



Since I was waiting for the others, the guests finally decided to sit down for gifts by themselves. And that somehow glitched so that all they did was sit there and talk and 'watch gifts being opened' even though nobody ever opened anything . . . . FAIL!



Though after a bit, Sabrina did finally show up. Not that much happened afterward. She set down a gift and stood there for a moment or two before leaving again.



And long after everyone else had gone home, Archimedes showed up to add his present to the pile of can't-be-opened-or-interacted-with-gifts before he too took his leave. *SIGH*



To make myself feel better about that epic disaster, I sent Walt outside to build snowmen.



Because no one on earth can stay angry while watching cutie elder Walt build snowmen. It is impossible.



As the week passes, Aurora completes one third of her lifetime wish by maxing the painting skill.


Skill certificate proof!



I decided her next venture will be maxing the piano, since that seemed like something a princess/queen would do with her free time.

AURORA - I make this look suave as sh*t.

You do, you really do.



And look! Ella has officially become a 5-Star Celebrity Chef, which fulfills her LTW! Point! She would have done this a lot sooner, but she's been waiting out her 4-days off. We now have the uuber never-spoil fridge, and I can happily say that I managed to succeed in getting the Bon Appetit achievement. This family will be eating Lobster Thermidor for the next five generations.



EDWARD - Mr. Disney sir.

WALT - Son, I've asked you repeatedly to call me Walt . . .

EDWARD - Mr. Disney, I would like to take this opportunity to formally ask for your daughter's hand in marriage!



WALT - Um . . . I thought that was already a done deal? The wedding is tomorrow . . .

EDWARD - Please Mr. Disney! I promise to love her forever and never, ever hurt her!

WALT - But---

ELLA - Just say yes, dear.



WALT - Well then . . . Of course you can marry my daughter, son! Nothing would make me happier!

ELLA - *amused*



EDWARD - Really?!?!? OMP, you've just made me the happiest man in all of Hidden Springs!

WALT - Remember this moment, son. In five or so years, remember this moment.



Before we go, I thought I'd show you a peek at those grandchildren that Ella still hasn't gotten a chance to see.

First up is Archimedes and Margaret's little boy, Aslan (named for the uuber lion in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe).



And not long after Sabrina had her and Aladdin's daughter, Ariel (named for the main character of The Little Mermaid). Both are cute beyond words.



Well then, Edward's fate has been sealed for better or worse. Join us next time for weddings and moar babies! Until then, happy simming!
_________________


Generations - 1

LTWs Complete - 2


Portraits - 6


100,000 Simoleons - 1

 
100,000 Aspiration Points - 2

Skill Challenges Complete - 1


TOTAL - 13




PREVIOUS                                                                   NEXT

6 comments:

  1. Eeee!!! I am excited for the wedding....SO excited! Sorry your party was a fail, haha...love Archie's fashionably late-ness. Aurora is super pretty, I love her and Edward together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay! I'm excited to show the wedding, which actually managed to happen without too much fuss. XD For MY parties anyway. I'm always excited to see Archie or Aladdin come around . . . and I'm with you as far as Aurora and Edward go. They're adorbs together. I hope they make equally cute babies. :D

      Delete
  2. Heheh, such adorable ness over and over. And daaayyymn she makes this update look suave as shit. ;P! Just sayin'! Great job, and I can NOT wait for their babies, JUST FYI, AHEM! :3

    I still can't believe your parties are all lame to you x___x I haven't even tried any of the Seasons stuff, I feel like I am really missing out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all SO adorable, I'm glad someone else sees it. And ROFL, Aurora is bound and determined to class this legacy up, one way or another. I dunno what it is with my parties . . . I really don't, lol. They conspire against me. And I know how you feel, there's still SO much I haven't gotten around to in this game, and the new EP comes out in 3 days. >_<

      As for babies . . . Aurora is trying to kill me. That's all I'll say about it. XD

      Delete
  3. So how come Archimedes' little darlings don't have "B" names since they are technically gen two? Will all of gen 1's spare-line have A names for as long as you can pull it off and all of gen 2's spare-line have B name etc?

    How do you choose the names of children not in your household?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why Archie and Al's kids are named with A's is for 2 reasons; one, I didn't want to waste any good B names before the heiress had a chance to have some babies, and two, there were a ton of good A names that I didn't get a chance to use. I'll probably continue that tradition on down the generations.

      As for choosing names of babies outside the household, that's part of Nraas' Master Controller/Story Progression MODs. ^_^

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete